Saturday, April 30, 2011

Stash binging and purging

Have any of you ever found some random piece of something and decided to keep it just to "figure out what to do with it later" or "Just in case I need it"? Have you ever come across said thing (or things, in my case) every once in a while, move them around but not actually do anything with them? Sometimes even putting them in random places when you don't know where else to put them? Well, I have.

That literally is the story of my life. I've been saving random pieces of "crap" since I was 5 (my mom can attest to this.) I wouldn't say I'm a hoarder necessarily... okay, I'm a somewhat hoarder that has binging and purging tendencies. 

Allow me to explain: whenever I find something, say a piece of ribbon or some pompoms from Christmas socks, I, at first, store it in view. That way I remind myself it's there and something needs to be done with it. But time goes by, still nothing gets done with it. I don't want to just throw it away, nooo! Not a re-crafter like me. That's when it makes its way into the miscellaneous craft box to be figured out at a later date. Random thought: I have a mini Icee bear plushie from at least 5 years ago! What is it still doing in there?? Why do I keep these things???

Then on days like today, months later, I decide that I need to organize my craft stash, aka that miscellaneous box. It usually ends up being a very time-consuming process that soon takes over my whole entire room. I'd say that's not bad for a box that takes up less than 1% of the space. And since moving back from NC, I've had a very hard time organizing anything at all including my past craft stash. Anyway, when it comes time to purge, most of those random crappy bits usually get thrown away, but then halfway through I get annoyed at the sheer volume of it and end up throwing everything back into the box it came from. At least some of the organizing gets done, but some other pieces aren't so lucky. Then the cycle begins again.

I love Lisa Frank beads!
I was able to organize my bead and jewelery making stash (neither of which I use any more, but keep around "just in case.") These darn beads of mine are so spread out all over my room that I will randomly come across a green horsey bead in any given drawer or box! For some reason I can't seem to get them together. Why was it in there anyway? It's so annoying!

I also organized my art supplies. That took up a lot of desk space for no good reason. I'm so glad it's somewhere else now! Oh and all in one area :) 

The purging part feels good, but the binging and storing part really drives me nuts!
Please tell me there are others like me out there! I would love to hear what other semi-hoarders like me binge and purge from their "stashes." Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! I really appreciate you stopping by and saying "Hi!" I would love to comment back, so please make sure that your e-mail is "on" in your profile. Thank you! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...