That's when things started getting weird. I don't know if it was the coffee, or the cake mix, but it started getting "foamy" and mousse textured very quickly. Even after I added all the water, it just wouldn't calm down! I decided to also add some cinnamon, vanilla, and more cocoa powder to it.
Then trying to get the mix into the cupcake cups was tricky, to say the least. Sticky stuff that mix was.
I vaguely remember the recipe then suggested that you color regular frosting green... so I did.
I dunno, they look less like cauldron cakes (which after further research were supposed to be placed upside down and then iced) and more like Slurm cakes. I almost added lime to the frosting, and now I'm thinking I should have gone for it! Lime and Chocolate coffee cake... it could be interesting! Well, with that being said, I don't think I should be put on Cupcake Wars any time soon!
Thanks for stopping by!