Monday, October 24, 2011

Halloween flashback

I love Halloween! I have always loved dressing up (mostly as princesses) and to me it's just a bunch of fun. I know I haven't been posting much lately, but I wanted to show you guys what I made as my  costume last year.
April Sprinkles: Katy Perry inspired girl scout Costume cookie beret

April Sprinkles: Katy Perry inspired girl scout Costume cookie beret candy
































Do you know what it's from? :)
I think this video will explain it all, but just in case, here's a picture for your viewing pleasure:
I was the Katy Perry girl scout from her video for "California Gurls"! I have lots of detail and in-progress shots in my original post on Craftster if you'd like to check that out. But basically I made/re-made everything except for the shirt/stockings/shoes! All those badges I free-handed with a sharpie, painted, and then glittered :) The skirt was a floor-length high-waisted skirt (yuck!) and the hat was originally a tan colored shirt and craft felt. And I got most of it at Goodwill. I don't really remember how long it took me to make, but I'm sure it was more than a week, lol.

Some more shots:

April Sprinkles: Katy Perry inspired girl scout Costume cookie beret candy california gurls
I didn't get much use out of the thing last halloween. I wore it to answer the door, but we only had two trick-or-treaters. (Kinda lame.) I was thinking about wearing it this year, but that song isn't exactly top news right now. Maybe I could pull off being a "sweets scout" instead?

Hopefully this will give some of you inspiration to go out there and make your own costumes instead of buying pre-made ones. I once spent over $40 for a costume and I will never EVER do that again!

Ooh, another idea:
I wonder if I can wear this to work? :D 
Michael's is having a big Halloween party in the store after all... hmm...

p.s.
I REALLY love my job! :)

Thanks for reading

3 comments:

  1. Gah get outta town with your craftyness! Adorable! I use to buy premade costumes but holy cow they are expensive! And so cheaply made, and they never fit right, and you show up to a party and 5 people are in the same costume. Way lame. So much better to make your own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left you an award on my page!

    http://janeysfavoritethings.blogspot.com/2011/11/awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! Your costume is great.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I really appreciate you stopping by and saying "Hi!" I would love to comment back, so please make sure that your e-mail is "on" in your profile. Thank you! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...