Saturday, April 28, 2012

A mailbox flowerbed refashion

Lets just say that my marine and I aren't the perfect plant parents. Our yard is pretty much like a jungle, and after a year of being separated from our home it's been hard to readjust to what we need to do around here. (Who am I kidding? I never did any outside work! lol)

Anyway, we decided that we should at least do something to bring a little curb appeal to our home. We both agreed that the area around the mailbox could use some work, so we came up with some ideas for what we could do. Almost immediately I wanted an old wine barrel around the bottom of it as a planter, but we don't have anything to cut the bottom out with, so we decided to go with some garden edgers.

I think it turned out really nice, don't you? :)

It says, "Welcome to the jungle!"
Like I said, we're not the best plant parents. We hadn't been watering the marigolds enough and they faded for a bit, but with some daily water they've managed to perk back up! (All thanks to the Marine, of course) ;]

I also said that this was a refashion, and what would a refashion be without materials used from the previous setting? The blocks along the back edge of our flower bed we found wedged in around the mail box. I'm sure it looked pretty at one time, but over the years it turned into something hideous. Here's what we dug out:

We also found a bunch of tiles stuffed in around the base of these pieces. They're the hideous shade of pink that match our bathroom tiles. Still can't quite figure out what they were doing around the mailbox... so odd! (Sorry, no pictures of those. Just imagine large, dirty, broken, baby pink tiles.)

Thanks for reading

2 comments:

  1. This looks really cute! I'm thinking about fixing up my flower bed this week with some fresh flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo lovely! It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I really appreciate you stopping by and saying "Hi!" I would love to comment back, so please make sure that your e-mail is "on" in your profile. Thank you! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...